Radical Curiosity – Five Key Lessons from a Seeker/Doer’s Life
From his working-class roots in New Jersey to the “tune in, turn on, drop out” cliffs of Big Sur and the pinnacles of the human potential movement; from launching his company Age Wave and achieving great successes and failures; from marrying his soulmate and raising two wonderful children to coming to terms with his own aging process, “age wave” guru Ken Dychtwald is now seeking to make sense of his first 70 years of life.
Although he is widely regarded as one of the world’s foremost experts and visionary thinkers about aging and longevity, in this session Ken provides far more personal reflections. Seen through the lens of a man constantly seeking personal self-discovery and social impact, he provides a glimpse into a visionary’s extraordinary world, and a guide for claiming a powerful vision of one’s own. Dychtwald dives deep to examine the arc and legacies of his own life through touching stories, mind-stretching adventures, and his unique encounters with many of the world’s great leaders and influencers to reveal his keys to a meaningful, magical, and purposeful life.
The five key lessons to be covered:
- Openness to Learning: Why perpetual self-discovery, self-improvement, re-invention, and untapping one’s potentials are essential and how coincidence and serendipity can play just as big a role in your life as good intentions and wise plans
- Seeking Balance: How to juggle the new roles of love, marriage, parenthood, caregiving, and work in today’s high-tech, high-pressure world
- Envisioning Purpose (Again and Again): How to envision and re-envision one’s unique role in life and, with aging, appreciate the value of usefulness alongside youthfulness
- Developing Resilience: The importance of focus, courage, fortitude, intensity, and the celebration of life’s punctuation points (good as well as bad)
- Respecting the Arc of Life: Why not only youth—but adulthood, middlescence, late adulthood, elderhood, and ultimately death—should be respected as essential parts of life’s journey
Presenter: Ken Dychtwald