Radical Curiosity: The Keys to a Meaningful, Magical, and Purposeful Life
In this wide-ranging presentation by psychologist, gerontologist, best-selling author, documentary filmmaker, and “age wave” visionary Ken Dychtwald, he shares life-changing stories and key lessons about the importance of a life fully lived. From his working-class roots in New Jersey to the “tune in, turn on, drop out” pinnacle of the hippie and human potential movements at Esalen in Big Sur, from launching his acclaimed company Age Wave to rising to global prominence as a fellow of the World Economic Forum, from facing the death of his parents while coming to terms with his own arc of life, Dr. Dychtwald offers invaluable guidance through the lens of an individual constantly seeking self-discovery and self-improvement. This special session provides a glimpse into an innovator’s extraordinary world, and a guide for claiming a powerful vision of one’s own.
Widely regarded as one of the world’s foremost experts and original thinkers about aging, longevity, and “imagination intelligence,” in this special presentation for psychologists, therapists, and life coaches, Dr. Dychtwald shares a mind-stretching side of his life, drawing from his new book Radical Curiosity: One Man’s Search for Cosmic Magic and a Purposeful Life. He examines the arc and legacies of his and all our lives through touching personal stories, mind-boggling adventures, and unique encounters with many of the world’s great leaders and influencers—from Bucky Fuller, Maggie Kuhn, Joseph Campbell and Tim Leary to Betty Friedan, Jimmy Carter, Ronald Reagan, Bill Clinton, Barack Obama, and Nelson Mandela. A dynamic and celebrated public speaker, Dr. Dychtwald deftly weaves these narratives into critical lessons about how to live a purposeful, loving, and magical life.
Key themes to be covered include:
- The importance of perpetual openness to self-discovery, self-improvement, re-invention, and untapping one’s potentials
- How serendipity and coincidence can play just as big a role in your life as good intentions
- How to juggle the new roles of love, marriage, parenthood, caregiving, and work in today’s high-tech, high-pressure world
- The importance of lifelong curiosity, courage, and resilience if one is hoping to change the world
- Perceiving not only youth—but adulthood, middlescence, late adulthood, elderhood, and ultimately death—as respected and important parts of life’s journey
Presenter: Ken Dychtwald