50+ Women: The Rising Power of the Consumer Force to Be Reckoned With
The growing strength and empowerment of 50+ women have been hiding in plain sight for far too long. That is about to change. Bolstered by unprecedented levels of education and workforce participation, escalating income and wealth, tech savvy and consumer know-how, and most importantly, rising longevity and vitality, 50+ women are fast becoming the consumer force to be reckoned with. Yet they often feel ignored, misunderstood, and even disrespected by brands and marketers.
Drawing on decades of proprietary Age Wave research, including the highly acclaimed study led by Age Wave co-founder Maddy Dychtwald, Women and Financial Wellness: Beyond the Bottom Line, and insights from her landmark book, Influence: How Women’s Soaring Economic Power Will Change Our World for the Better, and her upcoming book: Ageless Aging: Women’s Longevity Bonus and the Art and Science of Living Longer, Better, Maddy explains why 50+ women are a consumer force to be reckoned with for businesses of all kinds from financial services and healthcare to fashion and technology.
As a successful entrepreneur, author, researcher, Wall Street Journal blogger, wife, and mother—and a 50+ woman herself—Maddy combines dramatic data-driven insights with inspirational storytelling, illuminating this market segment’s core attitudes, motivations, and behavioral patterns, and offering the keys to unlocking its consumer spending potential.
Topics explored in this new presentation include:
- The size, shape, and financial clout of this quickly growing market segment and how 50+ women are disrupting aging and leading the longevity revolution
- The consumer purchasing power and passions of 50+ women, including their approach to spending, gifting, saving, and investing
- The ageist and/or sexist messaging that turns them off—and how to avoid these communications pitfalls
- The emotions, desires, and challenges that motivate their purchasing decisions, including their conscious consumerism
- How technology and social media can be both a barrier and a benefit
- How today’s different generations of women influence each other and their purchasing decisions
- The five-step action plan you need to capture the hearts and minds of this growing market segment
Deeply researched, customized for each unique audience, and packed with actionable takeaways, Maddy’s illuminating insights can help you understand and harness the power of 50+ women. It will leave audiences with food for thought and concrete ideas for implementing and adapting to needed change.
Presenter: Maddy Dychtwald