Women & Money: Funding Our Longer Lives
The growing financial power of women may be the most important demographic trend impacting financial services today. Women live longer than men, with a greater need for long-term financial fortitude. We’re also seeing new generations of women—bolstered by unprecedented levels of education, workforce participation, rising political power, and escalating income and wealth—assume increasingly influential roles in their own and their family’s financial management. The financial services industry, historically catering primarily to men, must find new ways to win the hearts, minds, and wallets of this critical and growing client base.
Drawing on insights from decades of Age Wave research, including the highly acclaimed nationwide study Women & Financial Wellness and her landmark book, Influence: How Women’s Soaring Economic Power Will Change Our World for the Better, Age Wave co-founder Maddy Dychtwald combines data and powerful storytelling to address these topics:
- The financial implications of women’s life journey in contrast to men’s
- Why—and how—women’s longevity bonus is motivating more women to plan financially than ever before
- How family interdependencies can impact women and their money
- The caregiving matrix and its effect on women’s financial and emotional well-being
- The lifetime pay gap and what steps women must take to overcome it
- Unpacking the gender retirement savings gap and its relationship to financial confidence
- Men’s role in the new financial equation
- What women want: The five critical characteristics women seek in their financial professional
- The five steps financial professionals can take to better serve women clients more effectively
Deeply researched, customized for each unique audience, and packed with actionable takeaways, Maddy’s illuminating approach to these urgent issues brings new focus to a topic that grows more relevant each day. It will leave the audience—whether they’re women wanting to take charge of their own financial security or the financial professionals who want to better serve them—with food for thought and concrete solutions.
Presenter: Maddy Dychtwald