Ageless Aging: The Art and Science of Living Longer, Better
The quest for long life has fascinated humans since the beginning of time. In the 21st century, it has become both a pressing social issue and big business. Over the last 100 years, life expectancy has skyrocketed from age 47 to nearly 77. While this 30-year “longevity bonus” offers many wonderful opportunities, it also creates an enormous challenge: how do we increase our healthspans to better match our longer lifespans so we can enjoy the many upsides of long life?
It’s time to better understand how to maximize our “longevity bonus” and successfully prepare for our long-lived futures.
Drawing on insights from decades of Age Wave research, top futurist Maddy Dychtwald, co-founder of Age Wave, award-winning author, and widely-read Wall Street Journal blogger, takes on the topic of longevity and ageless aging. Her most recent findings and expert advice will be featured in her upcoming book, Ageless Aging: Women’s Longevity Bonus and the Art and Science of Living Longer, Better to be published by Mayo Clinic Press. This dynamic presentation combines cutting-edge science with powerful examples designed to empower individuals to take a more informed and active role in their health and well-being. Deeply researched and packed with actionable takeaways, Maddy offers a holistic recipe for what you can do now to prepare for your longer life.
Key topics include:
- What is your “longevity bonus” and how does it impact your life?
- How long will you live and how old will “old” be in the years ahead?
- How do we better match our healthspans to our lifespans?
- How will family and caregiving be impacted by longer lives with many generations alive at once?
- What are the biggest fears of living a long life?
- What are the financial implications of our longevity bonus?
- What is the holistic recipe to unlock ageless aging?
Packed with actionable takeaways, Maddy’s illuminating approach to these urgent issues brings new focus to the topic that is increasingly on everyone’s mind. The audience will leave with a clearer understanding of what a longevity bonus means for them personally and what steps they can take right now to live longer, better.
Presenter: Maddy Dychtwald