The New 50+ Woman: A Consumer Force to Be Reckoned With
50+ women as a consumer force have been hiding in plain sight, but that is about to change. Bolstered by unprecedented levels of education and workforce participation, escalating income and wealth, and rising longevity and vitality, they are fast becoming the most powerful and influential segment of the consumer marketplace. Yet they often feel ignored or misunderstood by brands and marketers and don’t want to be defined through a youth-focused gender lens or by their age alone.
Drawing on decades of proprietary Age Wave research, including the highly acclaimed study led by Age Wave co-founder Maddy Dychtwald, Women and Financial Wellness: Beyond the Bottom Line, and insights from her landmark book, Influence: How Women’s Soaring Economic Power Will Change Our World for the Better, Maddy explains why 50+ women are a consumer force to be reckoned with for businesses of all kinds from financial services and healthcare to fashion and home furnishings.
From her vantage point as a successful entrepreneur, author, researcher, Wall Street Journal blogger, wife and mother—and a 50+ woman herself—Maddy combines data-driven insights with inspirational storytelling, illuminating this market segment’s core attitudes, motivations, and behavioral patterns, and offering the keys to unlocking its consumer potential.
Topics explored in this new presentation include:
- The size and financial clout of this growing market segment
- The consumer purchasing power and passions of this market, including their approach to spending, gifting, saving, and investing
- How 50+ women are disrupting aging, leading the longevity revolution
- The emotions, desires, and concerns that motivate their purchasing decisions
- The ageist messaging that turns them off—and how to avoid these communications pitfalls
- How technology and social media can be both a barrier and a benefit
- How today’s different generations of women influence each other and their purchasing decisions
- The five-step action plan you need to capture this powerful market segment
Deeply researched, customized for each unique audience, and packed with actionable takeaways, Maddy’s illuminating approach brings new focus to this emerging market segment and leaves audiences with food for thought and concrete ideas for implementing and adapting to change.