Women & Financial Wellness: Beyond the Bottom Line
The growing financial, social and geopolitical power of women may be the most important demographic trend impacting financial services today. New generations of empowered women—bolstered by education, unprecedented levels of workforce participation, and escalating income and wealth—are assuming increasingly influential roles in their own and their family’s financial management. The financial services industry, historically catering primarily to men, must find ways to win the hearts, minds and purses of this growing client base.
Drawing on insights from decades of Age Wave research, including the highly acclaimed nationwide 2018 study on Women & Financial Wellness and her landmark book, Influence: How Women’s Soaring Economic Power Will Change Our World for the Better, Maddy combines data and powerful storytelling to answer such questions as:
- How will greater longevity catalyze women to plan more effectively for their longer lives?
- How do new family interdependencies and caregiving impact women and their approach to money?
- How can women make up for the $1,000,000 lifetime “wealth gap?”
- What role do men play in this new financial equation?
- What are the 5 things women are looking for from their financial professional (female or male)?
- What action steps can financial service professionals take to effectively meet the needs of women and their families?
Age Wave Presenter: Maddy Dychtwald